Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Bit Of Asian



This Tutorial was written by me, Angel Flower, from my own ideas. Any similarities to others is coincedence. All my tutorials are registered with TWI.

For this tutorial you will need a tube of choice. I am using the work of Myka Jelina. You must purchase a license from CILM, www.cilm.com, to use her work.

Scrapkit. I am using a kit called Asian Dreams by KookyKay
You can purchase the kit here http://angelicscraps.com/
Visit her blog here http://kookykaysscrapz.blogspot.com/

New Image-600x600-transparent

Flood fill with white.

Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer.
Resize if needed. Anytime you think something is too big you can resize it to your liking.

Copy and paste a frame as a new layer. Resize by going image-resize- by about 80%, all layers unchecked.
Give it a drop shadow. Effects--3d effects--drop shadow--I used 0,0,100,5 and black.

Grab your magic wand--mode add--match rgb--tolerance 10--feather 0.
Click in the center of your frame. Selections--modify--expand by 8. Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer.
Selections--invert--hit delete. Select none.

Add your tube and resize if needed as we did above. Place so that your tube is sitting or laying on the frame. See my tag for reference. Give it a drop shadow of choice.

Paste some flowers along the side of the frame. Make sure they are under the frame layer and the paper layer for the frame. Merge these flowers together.

Now paste a different flower and place on the same side of the frame in the center of the flowers you just pasted. See my tag for reference.
Merge this flower to the other flowers. Now duplicate this layer and go image--mirror. This should position the duplicate on the opposite side of the frame.

Now choose another element, I used a fan, and paste across the bottom of the frame. Make sure you place these above the frame layer but below the tube layer. I slightly rotated the first one, then i duplicated it, and went image mirror.
This should put it on the opposite bottom corner.
I then placed two more fans along the bottom center of the frame.
see my tag for reference. Merge only these embellishments together.
Give it a dop shadow.

I then pasted a letter envelope in the right corner of my tag. You can use any embellishment you think looks good.

Paste a dragonfly or butterfly on the top left corner. Give it a drop shadow.
Duplicate it and mirror it. Position just above the embellishment you put in the
bottom right corner. see my tag for reference.

Now is the time to resize you tag if you wish, make sure to check all layers.
Now add your copyright info. Add your name in a font of choice. give it a drop
shadow.

Thats it, you're done!

©angel flower september 2008

0 comments: